Sunday, December 19, 2010

Comics and Christmas (Punk Rock) Music

So Christmas music and comics really have nothing to do with each other, so this will be pretty quick.

A number of years ago, Newarama had an interview with Joe Quesada, editor in chief, of Marvel Comics.  He talked a band he had, and a Christmas song he put together.  If I remember right, that is him and his daughter talking at points.  It is a pretty good punk rock version of Frosty The Snowman, and I have ended up listening to it every year.

Frosty the Snowman by colorblindlantern

So now that that is over, I guess I will just mention a few of my favorite songs of the holidays, even if they might not be all about Christmas.




Smashing Pumpkins: Christmas Time. This video is way too creepy.


The Kinks: Father Chrismas


Polyphonic Spree: Happy Xman/War is Over. No idea where is video came from, its all Lennon related stuff, but with the Spree's versions instead of his. I like his version, just trying to pick "different" stuff this time around.


The Ramones: Merry Christmas (I don't want to fight tonight).



Aqua Teen Hunger Force - Feliz Navidad. This is from last year's ATHF Christmas album.


I guess that is enough.  Merry Hanukkah and Happy Christmas.


I guess I'm going to throw in these last two for Anaraug.


2 comments:

  1. Dude you know you also totally have a crush on Nataly Dawn. Everyone does.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, I wasn't denying that, its true.

    ReplyDelete