Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Jim Lee - the Fastest Hands in Comics




Jim Lee (@jimlee00) Posted this on youtube a few weeks ago

This is a very sped up clip of me messing around on my iPad. Original video was 20 mins in length; it usually takes me about 60-80 mins to get one of these pieces done using @sketchbookpro. I prefer using my finger to a stylus of any sort--makes it more fun. I honestly have to say this piece was not going in the direction I wanted so I stopped and got back to real work : ) but you get a general sense of how I layer on colors and work positive and negative shapes back and forth to get edges...like in painting.






He is one of my current favorite artists out there right now and is currently the Co-publisher along with Dan DiDio at DC Comics.  To the left is some of his more iconic poses for the two Bats and Supes, and used for a number of images and statues. 

No comments:

Post a Comment